Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Villa Borghese

This past Saturday, after feeling a bit of the cabin fever from the rain and the books, I decided to go out for a walk in the city.  I headed towards the Villa Borghese, the second largest public park in Rome.  It is a beautiful park full of gardens and monuments.  I entered the park by the Porta Pinciana - the ancient Roman gate at the North of the City (it is just a ten minute walk from the Casa Santa Maria).   Here is a picture to show you what the ancient walls look like:


















There are plenty of trails and roads to walk around.  There are 148 acres in the park!   There are some nice overlooks of downtown Rome also, the Pincio hill sitting just above the Piazza del Popolo.

 And there are many trees to be seen, but hardly any that have changing colors. 

Here is a typical shot that I took at the Piazza di Siena :


















And then finally, I saw some fall colors!:



No comments: