Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today we celebrated the great American Holiday over here in the Eternal City.  It's never the same as being back home but it is a wonderful experience.  Archbishop Burke came over to celebrate the mass with us and then afterwards we all had a pranzone (huge lunch) with Turkey, stuffing and even cranberry sauce.  One thing I always found funny over here at the North American College is the fact that they insist on serving some sort of pasta as a primo piatto (first dish)!  We had ravioli before we ever saw the turkey.  Not the average Thanksgiving tradition  (unless of course your family is Italian!)  But the rest of the meal was great and after a nice digestivo (Italian after dinner drinks) and a call home, I took a long nap! 

Now I am getting ready to take a trip this weekend to Malta, a little Island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea with a lot of history-including St. Paul, who was shipwrecked and wintered on the island.  I will be gone till Monday - I will post some pictures when I get back.

No comments: